Installing an antivirus is easy. We present it in simple and understandable steps for you.
- Why install antivirus software?
- Install the antivirus from the internet
- Install the antivirus from a disk
Why install antivirus software?
Installing an antivirus on your computer will protect your system against malicious programs that you can find on the Internet. Some viruses attack the system and cause it to crash. Others search your hard drive for personal information, such as credit card numbers, and pass them on to a hacker when you go online.
Virtually all viruses slow down the performance of your computer and make the operating platform unstable. In some cases, viruses destroy all the information on the hard drive.
Antivirus programs find and remove these viruses before they can enter your computer.
Install the antivirus from the internet
- Find your ideal antivirus product in our comparison . Go to the company’s website on the Internet to purchase the antivirus program. Some offer trial versions of the antivirus for free.
- Choose the product you want to buy from the company’s offers menu and click on “Buy now” or “Download now.”
- Enter your credit card and personal information in the fields necessary to purchase the software and then press “Enter.”
- Follow the instructions on the screen, click “Yes” when asked if you want to download the software to your computer.
- Wait for the download to finish. This may take a few minutes depending on the speed of your Internet connection. Do not turn off your computer or change settings until the software has finished downloading to your system.
- Click on the downloaded file to start the installation. The software will check if your computer meets the minimum requirements. If you have an incompatible program or an older version of the software on your system, the program will ask you to uninstall it. Follow the instructions and restart your computer.
- Restart your antivirus software if it hasn’t already opened and click Install. The program will automatically install in the default location.
- Wait for the program to complete the installation. Details are displayed on the screen. During installation, the best antivirus like Bitdefender automatically scan your computer for viruses.
- Once the installation is complete, a summary of the process will be displayed on your screen. If any viruses or other types of malware were detected during installation, the software may ask you to reboot the system.
Install the antivirus from a disk
Insert the antivirus CD into the CD drive and close it, wait for the CD menu to appear on the screen.
Enter the product security code in the dialog boxes that appear on the screen. The security code is printed on the back of the plastic CD case that contains the antivirus software.
Follow the instructions on the screen, click “Yes” when it asks, “Do you want to install this software?”
Restart your computer when the installation is complete. This involves shutting down and restarting the computer for the antivirus settings to work.
Now you are an expert on how to install an antivirus for Mac or Windows. Install it now, and protect your computer with maximum security.