indien.website news wire (4-12-2021) New Delhi: Mallika Dua verified of her father Vinod Dua’s death
Veteran journalist vinod dua passed away due to prolonged illness. he was 67 years old. he was admitted to the hospital earlier this year due to corona.
He was being treated in the intensive care unit of medanta hospital in gurugram. vinod is survived by two daughters. among them bakul dua is a clinical psychologist while mallika dua is a comedian.
Dua was instrumental in being the standard bearer of hindi tv journalism. dua worked for doordarshan, ndtv and wire institutions.
“Our father, fearless and unparalleled, has passed away. he lived a fantastic life. leaving the refugee colony in delhi, he walked to the pinnacle of journalism. his journalism career was 42 years old. he consistently presented the truth through his work”, said mallika dua, vinod dua’s daughter.
Vinod and his wife padmavati dua were infected with corona during the second wave of corona. padmavati is popularly known as chinna dua. durdeva stopped padmavati’s battle against corona on june 11.
Vinod’s condition deteriorated after he was admitted to the hospital due to corona. mallika has informed that vinod will be cremated at lodhi crematorium on sunday.
Biography of Vinod Dua, Died. Vinod Dua ( Journalist)
Vinod Dua was a media personality from India. He has been the face of Indian television since 1974. Vinod Dua is a person who has closely observed the world of anchoring of color and independent TV channels in the history of Indian television from anchoring on state controlled TV channels (Doordarshan) on black and white screen TVs.
Vinod Dua passed away on 04 December 2021 due to a prolonged illness. His funeral will take place on 05 December 2021.
Vinod Dua, a veteran of thousands of hours of broadcasting, is an anchor, political commentator, election analyst, producer and director. He was awarded the Padma Shri for journalism in 2008 by the Government of India.
Vinod Dua Latest health News
Dua was admitted to the hospital earlier this year after being infected with the corona virus and was admitted in the ICU for a few days and the doctors described her condition as very critical. He died on 04 December due to prolonged illness. His daughter informed about his death.
Vinod Dua Birth
Vinod Dua’s date of birth is 11 March 1954. He is a renowned Hindi television journalist and program director from India who has been awarded the Padma Shri.
Presently he is the lead presenter and news reader of NDTV India, the news channel of New Delhi Television. A veteran of thousands of hours of broadcasting, Vinod Dua is an anchor, political commentator, election analyst, producer and director.
Vinod Dua married Padmavati Dua also known as Chinna Dua. The couple has two children named Bakul Dua and Mallika Dua. Mallika Dua is an Indian film actress and comedian. Wife Chinna Dua, died on 11-06-2021 after a long battle with complications of COVID-19.
Vinod Dua Education
Vinod Dua’s early upbringing took place in the refugee colonies of Delhi. He obtained a degree in English Literature from Hans Raj College and a Master’s degree in Literature from Delhi University.
During his school and college days, Vinod participated in many singing and debate programs and did theater till the mid-1980s.
Vinod Dua Early Life
Before the Indo-Pak partition in 1947, his family lived in Dera Ismail Khan, a town at the tip of South Waziristan, which later came under the influence of the Taliban.
In 1947, his family moved to Mathura, where he initially lived for a year in a dharamsala and moved to a two-room house that cost him Rs.4/-.
On coming to India, his father started working as a clerk with the Central Bank of India and retired as a branch manager.
Vinod Dua Wife Passed Away
Padmavati ‘Chinna’ Dua, wife of 67-year-old Vinod Dua, who worked for news channels like Doordarshan and NDTV and a well-known face of Hindi journalism, passed away in June after fighting a long battle against COVID-19.
Vinod Dua Career
Vinod Dubey’s first step and struggle in journalism – (from 1974 to 1980)
In November 1974, Vinod made his first television appearance in Yuva Manch, a Hindi-language youth programme, which was broadcast on Doordarshan (formerly known as Delhi Television).
Yuva Jan, a youth show for the Satellite Instructional Telecast Experiment (SITE) for the youth of Raipur, Muzaffarpur and Jaipur, was anchored by Vinod in 1975.
In the same year, he started anchoring a program for youth, ‘Jawaan Tarang’, which was aired on the newly launched TV channel Amritsar TV. He continued his job till 1980.
Beginning of Anchoring (Year 1981) –
In 1981, he started anchoring the Sunday morning family magazine ‘Aap Ke Liye’ which he continued to do till 1984.
Vinod, along with Prannoy Roy, was the co-anchor of election analysis on Doordarshan in 1984. This gave a boost to his career, as it gave him an opportunity to anchor election analysis programs for several other television channels.
She anchored the show ‘Janvani’ (People’s Voice) in 1985, where the common people got a chance to directly question the ministers. The show was the first of its kind.
Work with TV News Channel India Today and Zee TV and other News Channels –
Vinod joined TV Today, a venture of the India Today Group, as its lead producer in 1987.
To produce shows based on current affairs, budget analysis and documentary films, he launched his production company ‘The Communication Group’ in 1988. Vinod anchored the show ‘Chakravyuh’ in the Zee TV channel in 1992.
Between 1992 and 1996, he was the producer of a weekly current affairs magazine ‘Parakh’, which was broadcast on Doordarshan.
Vinod was the anchor of the show ‘Tasveer-e-Hind’ to be aired on Doordarshan’s cerebral channel DD3 Media. He worked as an anchor for the channel between 1997 and 1998.
In March 1998, Vinod anchored the Sony Entertainment Channel show ‘Chunav Chahalla’. He was associated with Sahara TV from 2000 to 2003, for which he used to anchor ‘Pratidin Aur Parakh’.
He started anchoring ‘Jana Gana Mana Ki Baat’ for The Wire Hindi. The show is a 10-minute current affairs program that aired on The Wire’s website, where he often criticized the government, but with essential facts and numbers.
Food program ‘Zika India Ka’ hosted by –
Vinod used to host NDTV India’s program ‘Zaika India Ka’, for which he traveled to cities; blocked by highways, roads; Taste many delicacies from roadside dhabas.
- List of programs anchored by Vinod Dua
- Photos Ae Hind (1997–98) on Doordarshan Channel
- Election Challenge (March, 1998) Sony Entertainment Television,
- Election Analysis (1999) on Zee News
- Pradayin and Parakh (2000-2003) on Sahara TV
- Kaun Banega Chief Minister (2003) on Star News
- Zaika India on NDTV India
- Vinod Dua Awards
- In 1996, Ramnath Goenka became the first electronic media journalist to be awarded the Excellence in Journalism Award.
- The Government of India honored him with the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award, in 2008.
- In 2016, ITM University, Gwalior awarded him D. Lit. “Honoris Causa” (Honorary title in Doctor of Letters), which is considered in some countries to be beyond PhD. It is given as an honorary degree when awarded without the application of the laureate.
- For his lifetime achievement in the field of journalism, Mumbai Press Club honored him with the RedInk Award in June 2017, which was presented to Vinod by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
- Vinod Dua Controversy
- In October 2017, Vinod Dua slammed actor Akshay Kumar for making an obscene remark on his daughter, Mallika Dua during the shooting of an episode of the comedy show, The Great Indian Laughter Challenge.
- A year later, in October 2018, Nishtha Jain, India’s award-winning film director famous for Gulabi Gang, published a lengthy Facebook post accusing Vinod Dua of harassment and a ‘lewd’ joke on him. Vinod Dua denied the allegation and termed it as extremely absurd and baseless.
- Vinod Dua Death
- India’s senior journalist died in the evening of 03 December 2021 due to a prolonged illness. He was admitted to the hospital in the month of April this year and for a few days his condition was deteriorating day by day, due to which he was kept under observation by doctors in ICU. The news of Vinod Dua’s death was shared by his daughter through his social media account.
|Date of birth/Death||11 March 1954 – 04 December 2021|
|Age||67 Years (Year 2021 )|
|Place of born||New Delhi, India|
|Education||Master’s Degree in English Literature|
|College||Hansraj College, New Delhi|
Delhi University, Delhi
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Hair Color||black and white|